Tuesday 27 October 2015

Making Friends with Anxiety: colouring in book by Sarah Rayner



Out Now
Published by: The Creative Pumpkin Ltd
Purchase from Amazon here


The blurb:

A heartwarming colouring book packed with tips and insights to encourage mindfulness and help ease worry and panic in the run up to the festive season and beyond. The perfect gift for a loved one or treat for yourself, this is a Special Updated Edition of the bestselling Making Friends with Anxiety: A Calming Colouring Book.

Readers can: • Discover how to ‘make friends with anxiety’ and thereby manage stress • Learn why colouring, in particular, is so therapeutic • Find out about other creative activities that have a similar effect on the psyche, providing an array of solutions to help ease worry over the long term There is also an extra section with advice on how to reduce stress over the holidays offset by nine exclusive Christmas-themed illustrations.

You'll find magical gingerbread houses, plump partridges and animals snuggling by the fire and over two dozen non-Christmassy pictures too. Each illustration incorporates a mantra – a few simple words to help boost your mood. The result is a book to treasure – a unique combination of words of wisdom and pictures filled with childlike joy that will encourage positivity long after the festivities finish and the colouring-in is done.


My review:

I am a massive fan of the Making Friends With Anxiety stuff which Sarah Rayner has bought us. I am a big fan of Sarah's novels, so when I heard she had a non fiction book about anxiety out I was quick to snap up a copy. It's no secret to anyone that I have always been an anxious person, and many years ago suffered a spell of agoraphobia. The book is written in a great way that is easy to understand, jam packed full of tips on how to handle and live with anxiety ass well as reassurance that you are not going mad!

There has been a big trend towards adult colouring in books recently as a form of stress and anxiety relief. Being the big kid i am this really appeals to me. I have trouble filling my days, and boredom often leaves me feeling anxious and inadequate. When I saw that Sarah had a colouring book out I had to get my hands on a copy.

This colouring book is special because not only does it contain lots of beautiful pictures, illustrated by Jules Miller. It also has pages of tips and information about coping with anxiety which is fabulous. I spent lots of time colouring in and not only did the day pass more quickly, but I felt much more relaxed. Reading the tips also helped me enormously. I loved how it is written, in an easy to understand way that clicks. The tips not only come from Sarah, but from a number of other 'real life' anxiety sufferers who really know how it feels, and what can help.

Yesterday I got my hands on this new edition which includes lots of great festive themed pictures which I spent the day colouring in (whilst humming Christmas songs to myself too). It also has loads of reassurance and ideas on coping with for many can be a very stressful time of year. Don't worry about it being too soon though, it's not all festive focused and has lots of other great illustrations and ideas for all year round.

I would highly recommend this colouring in book. It will tap into your inner child, give you some escape from the hustle and bustle of every day stresses, get you in the festive mood, or even escape from it! It would also make a great christmas gift for friends or family. I found it great value for money, much cheaper than many of the colouring books on the market, high quality, excellent pictures and fantastic advice and tips.

Hope you enjoy my colouring in and would love to see yours too.





No comments:

Post a Comment