Sunday 10 April 2016

Snowflakes on Silver Cove by Holly Martin




Out Now
Published by Bookouture
Purchase from Amazon here


The Blurb: 

Come and spend a picture perfect romantic Christmas at White Cliff Bay 

Libby Joseph is famous for her romantic Christmas stories. Every December, readers devour her books of falling in love against the magical backdrop of the Christmas season. If only Libby believed in the magic herself… 

Struggling to finish her current novel, Libby turns to her best friend and neighbour George Donaldson to cheer her up. But George also needs a bit of support himself. Nervous about getting back into the dating saddle after splitting from his wife, he and Libby strike a deal. She will teach George how to win over the ladies, and Libby will in turn be inspired to inject her novel with a good dose of romance. 

As Libby and George explore the beautiful White Cliff Bay on a series of romantic Christmas-themed dates, Libby finds herself having more fun than she’s had in ages and…discovers feelings that she never knew she had for George. 

But is it too late? Will George win someone else’s heart or can Libby act like the heroine in one of her stories and reach for her own love under the mistletoe this Christmas? 

Snuggle up with a piece of Christmas cake and mulled wine, and spend the festive season at White Cliff Bay. You won’t want to leave! Christmas at Lilac Cottage also out now. 

My Review:

Yes - ok - I know. It is now spring and yet I am reviewing a book called Snowflakes on Silver Cove, that talks about christmas in it's blurb! But please, don't let that put you off, and miss out on a fantastic book! This is well worth a read at any time of year.

If you haven't read any Holly Martin books you need to change that asap! Holly's books are filled with warmth, friendship, romance, and lots of smiles, and Snowflakes on Silver Cove is no exception.

Libby and George are best friend who live in flats across the corridor from each other. As the synposis says, Libby is a writer who is struggling to finish her latest book, and George is trying to pluck up the courage to get back in to the world of dating. So, they strike a deal to help each other out and provide the inspiration and confidence to complete both. And so we enter a world of laughter, smiles, romance, friendship and confusion.

Libby and George are wonderful characters. I simply loved them! They are so down to earth and likable. I found myself really getting to grips with who they were, and the book became 3D in that I felt like it was more than just reading words. I felt like a fly on the wall in their world actually viewing and sensing what was going on if that makes any sense! I wanted to stay absorbed in the book rather than face the real world!

I love Holly's style of writing. She is the Queen of joy, who through words can make the world feel a better place. If ever I need cheering up, and a dose of laughter I know I can turn to her books to come up trumps.

I loved the will they, won't they aspect of this book. They arrange to go on a number of dates, which are certainly eventful! Throughout it is clear there is a spark between them, and I could visualise them being so good together, but as with Holly's leading ladies you are never sure will they get their man in the end! This is no exception. But it is clear that if she is to win George over there will be every hurdle possible chucked in her way.

Snowflakes on Silver Cove felt like making two great friends. I wanted to hang out with them, escape into the community of Silver Cove and become one of them! As well as Libby and George we meet some other great characters who bring drama and some heartwarming moments too. They are more than supporting characters, they come to life in their own right.

As a child my favourite book was The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton. I loved all the different magical worlds at the top of the tree. I often read books and wish that I could have my very own tree, with all my favourite fictitious places at the top. I would definitely be adding Silver Cove to that list!

Thanks to Bookouture for allowing me to read a review copy in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment