Saturday 22 July 2017

Each Little Lie by Tom Bale




Out Now
Published by Bookouture
Purchase from Amazon here

The Blurb:

One split second can destroy your life forever

Single mother Jen Cornish is just trying to hold things together for the sake of her seven-year-old son Charlie. Until the day when she does an impulsive good deed to help a neighbour, setting off a terrifying chain of events that quickly spirals out of control…

When she is arrested for a crime she didn’t commit, Jen quickly starts to wonder if someone is playing a cruel game with her - or is she losing her mind?

Desperate to clear her name with the police, she must first untangle a chilling web of lies. But someone is watching her every move – and it isn’t just Jen who is in danger.

They’re watching her child as well.

An unputdownable psychological thriller with plenty of twists that will keep you hooked until the very last page…


My Review:

I had high expectations of Each Little Lie having already read and loved the authors previous books. Infact I put aside the book I was halfway through to get stuck in the minute it appeared on my Kindle.

Each Little Lie gets off to a cracking start! We meet Jen, who sets out to do a good deed, but it turns into an absolute nightmare which threatens to tear her world apart as she is arrested and accused of a crime that soon escalates into even more of a hideous situation.

I can’t really say too much more about the plot without giving it away and I really don’t want to spoil it for anyone. But what I can mention is the cast of characters. Oh boy, they are good!!! Jen is a fabulously vulnerable character who whilst I thought I had a grasp of who she was and what she was capable off, I found myself questioning whether she was being falsely accused, or if infact she was guilty of the accusations levelled at her. But the stars of the show for me are a couple of really mean and creepy characters that emerge within the storyline. They really made my skin crawl and my blood boil. One of my favourite things about Tom’s work is his talent at developing characters who get under your skin. This book once again puts us in the midst of some of the vilest!

I have to be brutally honest and say that unlike his previous work I didn’t find Each Little Lie quite as enticing and as gripping as others. There was nothing wrong with the book, but I managed to suss out what had happened quite early on and I guess that just wained my interest a bit. However, I have spoken to others, and read reviews from readers who have absolutely loved the book, so please don’t let me put you off!



No comments:

Post a Comment