Tuesday 1 July 2014

One Hundred Proposals by Holly Martin


Published: Out Now
Published by Carina UK
Purchase from Amazon


The blurb:

‘Is there really such a thing as a perfect proposal?

Over the next hundred days I intend to find out. I will find one hundred ways to propose to our Chief Proposer Suzie McKenzie and post the results here for your enjoyment. One thing’s for sure, not one of my proposals will be on top of the Eiffel Tower with a dozen red roses.’

Best friends Suzie and Harry are partners in romance. That is, they run the.PerfectProposal.com, coming to the aid of would-be grooms to create the ultimate marriage proposal.

But when Harry decides to catapult the business into the big leagues with a PR stunt all Suzie can see is a hundred days of heartbreak stretching ahead of her. But however exotic the location, or breath-takingly romantic the setting, Suzie has to keep remembering that ‘Marry Me?’ is the one question she can’t say yes to.

This business proposal should come with one hundred broken heart warnings...

One hundred proposals, one hundred chances to say yes.


My Review:

One Hundred Proposals by Holly Martin is a beautifully uplifting book that will bring out the romantic in you and leave you fantasising about your perfect proposal.

The book revolves around Suzie and Harry who have created a company called the perfect proposal.com. The company helps men who want to create the perfect proposals. Harry comes up with the idea to publicise the company even more by creating the 100 perfect proposals which would be advertised on the company website. Before long the number of readers soars and the idea is picked up by a magazine who fund the pair to travel the world creating the 100 perfect proposals.

Suzie and Harry jet off to a number of countries and exotic locations around the world. I defy you not to be swooning over at least one of the proposals. I fell in love with most (if not all) of them. I even spent last night dreaming of being proposed to after finishing this book.....no, I haven't told my boyfriend this and scared him half to death!!

During the story we find out the Suzie lost her brother to leukaemia a few months earlier and that Harry has been her best friend and rock during this time, staying forever by her side....however, have the feelings grown deeper and if so is the feeling reciprocated? You had better read the book and find out....I can't spoil it for you!

As with Holly's previous book, I loved One Hundred Proposals. I love her easy style if writing and how she makes it so easy to warm to the characters. Her descriptive writing really made each of the proposals come alive for me and I could also create the image in my mind as if I were there to witness it.

I particularly loved Harry and, whilst being portrayed as a bit of a ladies man, he is also shown as a real soft caring person. The type of men most women are on the lookout for. I can imagine many women reading this and developing a slight crush on the gorgeous Harry.

Will Suzie ever say yes to one of Harry's proposals? Why not buy the book and see? It's a fabulous read and prefect for the summer sunshine. I recommend getting the book and escaping to exotic locations with romance and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment