Thursday 24 July 2014

Poppy Does Paris by Nicola Doherty


Publication date: 17 July 2014
Published by: Headline
Purchase as an e-book from Amazon here


The Blurb:

The first instalment in this hilarious, romantic and unputdownable five-part series. Perfect for fans of Lindsey Kelk's I Heart... novels.

Paris. City of love, city of romance. The last place you want to go to on a work trip when you're in the middle of an epic dry spell. But that's where Poppy is headed, along with her colleague Charlie, who's shallow and annoying but very, very good-looking. During a white-wine-fuelled session with her friend Alice, Poppy concocts the perfect plan: work by day, and have some no-strings fun with Charlie by night. Of course, it might prove a little more complicated than that, but it's nothing Poppy can't handle - or is it?

Girls on Tour is an irresistible series of interlinked stories about four friends, ordinary girls who have extraordinary fun in faraway places. Expect the unexpected, the utterly hilarious and unforgettable, on this rollercoaster ride of love, laughs, surprises and sparks. You have a VIP pass to join each girl's adventure, so pack your bags and buckle your seatbelts, because just about anything is possible...

My Review:

Poppy Does Paris is the first in a five part series by Nicola Doherty. At 65 pages it is a perfect quick feel good read. It is full of fun, romance and laughs. It really put a smile on my face.

Poppy is a great character. Having not had a boyfriend for a long while she is a bit out of practice. She heads off to Paris, with her work colleague to meet an author they are trying to sign up. Having had a bit of a crush on him she plans to seduce him in the city of love. Things of course don't go quite according to plan. Her character made me laugh alot. She came across to me as quite ditzy and I found this very endearing. I could see myself in some of her characteristics , such as a wrong sense of direction, so also laughed at memories it bought back.

I really enjoyed the novella and am looking forward to meeting the next girl on tour. I would like to see mo of Poppy in the future as I am sure there is much more of her story to tell.

I would recommend this novella as a great fun read.

Thank you to Headline for providing me with a copy in return for an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment