Wednesday 26 February 2014

Beyond Grace's Rainbow by Carmel Harrington


Beyond Grace’s Rainbow is the deeply emotional and poignant story of young single mother Grace Devlin.
When Grace is diagnosed with cancer her best chance of survival is to find a bone marrow transplant from a family member. Only Grace is adopted and her one previous attempt to connect with her birth mother resulted in bitter disappointment.
But with her young son, Jack, to think about, and the return of her ex Liam, Jack’s father, reminding her of feelings she’d thought she’d buried long ago, Grace refuses to give up hope just yet. With the help of her friends she bravely embarks on a journey of discovery.
This search will bring her from her home in vibrant Dublin to the unspoilt beauty of Wexford where she must unravel a web of lies and deceit that has spanned over thirty years.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my goodness....words almost fail me about this book. I have never read a book like this. A word of warning....you WILL need a box of tissues with you throughout. 


This book is just perfect! Carmel introduces us to Grace, her son Jack, Liam and a band of incredible friends. I don't want to write too much about what happens as I don't want to spoil it for anyone. But I would urge you to read this book. It will make you laugh and it will definitely make you cry. I love reading but can't recall being as engrossed and affected a book since reading Me Before You by Jojo Moyes and recently The Dead Wife's Handbook by Hannah Beckerman. 

You instantly get drawn in and feel like another member of the gang. Camels writing engages you from the start and before long you truly care for, and are rooting for them all. I don't know how she does it but its been a couple of after finishing the book and I am still thinking about it. I feel like I need to check on the characters to see how they are doing. 

I can to stop recommending  this book to everyone as I want to share it with them. 

Think I scared my boyfriend when I went from laughing all happy to a sobbing wreck in the space of 5 minutes whilst reading. 

Please please read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment