Monday 10 March 2014

Before I Go To Sleep by SJ Watson

Wow...what can I say....

Before I Go To Sleep is a thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat right until the end. My heart is still racing even after finishing it.

The book tells the story of Christine. We are told that Christine was involved in an accident which causes her to lose her memory each night when she goes to sleep. We also meet Ben, her devoted husband who lovingly cares for her every day despite her waking up not remembering anything.

However, things aren't always as they seem. As the story develops a dark side emerges. Events occur that make Christine, and the reader, question everything. Something doesn't quite add up, but you won't be able to piece it together right until the very end. We meet her Doctor who starts to piece her story together...or does he?!

I loved his book. It is wonderfully written through Christine's eyes, so you are pretty much always at the same stage as she is. I felt like a detective trying to piece things together, and realise now that I never would have.

The whole storyline totally grips you, and at night I had to stop reading a bit before going to sleep to clear my mind as it totally got under my skin, the sign of a very talented writer.

I have read that this is currently being filmed and will be released in cinemas later this year staring Nicole Kidman and Colin Firth, I am waiting with baited breath to see how it converts to big screen as it has huge potential.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! I loved this book. I can't wait to see the movie! I didn't know it was going to be a movie.

    ReplyDelete