Thursday 28 August 2014

Deliver us to Dublin....With Care by Aimee Duffy

Published on 28 August
Published by Harper Impulse
Purchase from Amazon here

The Blurb:


The final instalment of Summer Flings – a fun, flirty and laugh out loud rom com series of short stories.

Miserable, lonely and broken hearted, Ciara returns to Dublin on a mission to sort out her life. A job is at the top of the list but a visit to the doctor has surprising repercussions.

She refuses to drift apart from her friends now that real life has begun, struggles to fit new relationships into her life and still has to deal with everything else fate throws her way.

But even Ciara should know that there’s always something a little bit special to be found at the end of the rainbow…

The ideal summer treat for those relaxing days soaking up the sun!

My Review:

I cannot tell you how much I have been anticipating this final installment in the summer flings series. I couldnt wait to get stuck in and see how it all ends. But at the same time I felt reluctant to read it and finish their journey.

I am not going to say too much about the storyline as I really dont want to ruin it. But, what I did like, was that it didnt just look at what happened next for Ciara and Zack and the whole, will they live happily ever after or not. Us readers get to find out what happens next for all the gang. Not all of it was how I expected at all.

As soon as I read Trouble in Tinseltown I knew I would love this series and I havent been disappointed. I have felt like a broken record as each novella has surpassed the previous one, but for me, it has just got better and better. I havent read any of Aimee's work before and have loved her style of writing. She has developed both the characters, and the storyline brilliantly. Each of the characters are quirky and at times annoying, but as a reader I have felt great warm towards them and would love to hang out and have fun with them.

I am quite sad that the summer is almost over and I will be leaving the characters behind. This installment does bring everything together really well, but I would love a full length book featuring them in the future as I can imagine there may be many more exploits and lots of fun still to be had.

If you havent yet read the summer flings series I would recommend them. A snappy, fast paced series full of sun, fun and sexiness (and some sassiness too).

No comments:

Post a Comment