Wednesday 10 February 2016

Behind Closed Doors by B A Paris




Publication date: 11th February
Published by MIRA UK
Purchase from Amazon here

The Blurb:

Everyone knows a couple like Jack and Grace.

He has looks and wealth, she has charm and elegance. You might not want to like them, but you do.You’d like to get to know Grace better.But it’s difficult, because you realise Jack and Grace are never apart.Some might call this true love. Others might ask why Grace never answers the phone. Or how she can never meet for coffee, even though she doesn’t work. How she can cook such elaborate meals but remain so slim. And why there are bars on one of their bedroom windows.

Sometimes the perfect marriage is the perfect lie.


My review: 

Another contender for book of the year. This is one dark, twisted rollercoaster of a ride! 

As the blurb says, this book is about Jack and Grace. The supposedly perfect married couple, except what is the marriage really like behind closed doors? Arghhh I really want to start spilling all about the story, but to do so would ruin it for you as a reader. But it is safe to say that all is not as it seems, and behind the charade Jack is not quite the loving, devoted husband. 

There has been lots of talk about this book on social media, and I bumped it up my reading list because I was so intrigued as to all the interest and gasps as people finished it. It lives up to the hype, and then some! 

I love psychological thrillers that really have me on the edge of my seat, and have me unable to put the book down. I have to be honest, not only could I not put the book down, but at times I was barely able to breath for the tension. I was almost rushing through to get to what was going to happen next. The book had me in its grasp, hook, line and sinker, and didnt release me right until the very end. 

I cannot believe this is the author's debut thriller. It is so superbly written it could easily pass for one of the well known names in this genre. The skill in the style of writing, being able to develop such strong characters, and totally consume me as a reader is breathtaking. I truly cannot wait to see what her next book brings. 

Thank you to MIRA UK for kindly providing a copy of this book in return for an honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment