Wednesday 4 January 2017

Everything You Told Me by Lucy Dawson




Publication date: 5th January 2017

Published by: Corvus

Purchase from Amazon here

The Blurb:

You went to bed at home, just like every other night.

You woke up in the back of a taxi, over 250 miles away.

You have no idea how you got there and no memory of the last ten hours.

You have no phone, no money; just a suicide note in your coat pocket, in your own writing.

You know you weren't planning to kill yourself.

Your family and friends think you are lying.

Someone knows exactly what happened to you.

My Review:

I am a long-time fan of Lucy Dawson and her work, and was excited to see that she had a new book out. I read the synopsis and straight away bumped it up to the top of my TBR pile. I love a thriller and I was hoping for one that would have me on the edge of my seat, with twists and turns, and I wasn’t disappointed.

I thought that Everything You Told Me was great! A page turner that had me suspicious of everyone! I won’t share too much as I don’t want to give anything away. But the main character is Mum to a small baby, stressed and sleep deprived who one day wakes up over 250 miles away from home. And so begins the mystery…how did she get there and why? She has no recollection, and the area she is found in is a notorious suicide spot. Will anyone believe her? Is she right? Read and find out!!!

The book is skillfully written, with characters who I definitely questioned throughout the story. It weaved in different directions and every time I thought I had it sussed something would cast doubt. I loved the way that it played with my mind, and whilst I admit, I did work it out relatively soon on, there were parts I didn’t see developing.

I love thrillers and this is definitely one to put on your pile to read. Lucy has a clever way of writing that develops characters that I found easy to get into the head of, and play detective with. I like a complex family with twists and turns so this was a great read for me. The plot flows well which made it hard to put down, and I ended up neglecting quite a bit of real life submerged in the pages of this.


I would definitely recommend Everything You Told Me and all of Lucy’s other work. She has a bit of a twisted mind…but I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment